Hyper Plan v1.6.1 is now available
A new Hyper Plan release is now available for Windows and Mac OS X, with 23 improvements and bug fixes, including:
Faster layout of large numbers of cards. This is noticeable if you have 1000+ cards.
The option to use a fixed font size in the Cards pane.
The option to only show colors for visible cards in the color legend.
Click on a '+' in a cell to add a card to that cell.
Paste into the card Links field.
The option to preserve card rows or columns during dragging in the Cards pane.
The option to only show totals for rows and columns (i.e. hide cell totals).
You can find more and download the new release from the release page. The download buttons are at the bottom of the release page.
This is a free upgrade if you already have a v1 license key. If you haven't purchased a license yet, you can do so here.
Thanks to everyone who sent bug reports and suggestions for improvements. Please let us know if you have any problems with the new release.
Hyper Plan usability improvements
We have avoided using a modal window (one that blocks other actions until closed) for editing cards, because modal windows are rather restrictive. Instead we move the focus to the first field of the Edit card properties section of the Left pane each time you select a card. This has the advantage that you can just single click on a card and start typing to edit the first field. But it also has some disadvantages:
- Delete key presses and Undo/Redo shortcut commands go to the field with focus in the Edit card properties section of the Left pane instead of the Cards pane, which isn't very intuitive.
- The Left pane uses a lot of space and you might not want to show it every time you edit a card.
- It isn't very consistent to have a modal window to create a card and create or edit a property, but a non-modal window for editing cards.
So we are considering removing the Edit card properties section from the Left pane and instead having a modal window that appears when you edit one or more cards (similar to the window that currently appears when you create a new card). To edit a card you would either:
- Select 1 or more cards and then select Edit>Edit card. from the main menu (or use the keyboard shortcut).
- Right click on a card and select Edit.
- Click on an Edit icon that appears when you hover over a card.
- Double-click on a card (double-click will no longer add a new card).
Would this be an improvement? Let us know what you think.
Do you have any other suggestions for how we can improve Hyper Plan? If so, then please email us.
Oryx Digital Ltd